A solar panel wiring diagram or schematic should always be an essential part of your solar projects preparation.
Just like architects are responsible for drawing up detailed plans for the structures they design, creating a wiring diagram will allow you to plan your solar systems circuit accordingly.
In this article we are going to teach you how to draw up a solar panel wiring diagram using Canva.
(Please note, Canva is best used for basic rough wiring diagrams. If you are looking to design more intricate diagrams, we recommend using something like photoshop.)
What is a Solar Panel Wiring Diagram?
Solar panel wiring diagrams or wiring schematics are basically technical drawings that detail the equipment you will need, and how it will all connect together.
When designing your solar build, wiring schematics allow you to get a detailed overview of your plan and also serve as a component checklist.
Solar diagrams can vary greatly, one schematic can look completely different to another yet the overall purpose stays the same.
How Can I Design My Solar Panel Wiring Diagram?
Video example of how we use Canva to create some of our more basic solar panel wiring diagrams:
We recommend using Canva to design your wiring diagram. The technology is free to use and incredibly easy to grasp. Gone are the days where you need in depth design knowledge to create a high quality schematic.
Steps to creating your solar panel wiring diagram with Canva
- Use the link we supplied above and create yourself a Canva profile, you can do this easily by linking your Facebook account.
- Click on the top right: "create design" button.
- Click on "custom size" and make your "width 3508" and your "height 2480". This is the same size as an A4 piece of paper. This will come in handy later if you decide to print your solar wiring diagram.
- Click "create new design" and you are ready to go. You will now be presented with a blank white page. This will be the base for all of your future wiring schematics.
And that's that, super simple. You now have a blank canvas to begin your designs. Next we will walk you through the process of creating a wiring schematic.
Solar Panel Wiring Diagram For Campervan
In the above example we include the following items to our wiring diagram:
- 270 Watt solar panel
- DP Switch
- MPPT Charge controller
- 100Ah Lithium ion battery
- 100 amp breaker
- Portable fridge (DC)
- 220V Sockets
- x2 50 amp breakers
- USB Charging port
- Blade fuse box
- Water pump
- 1000 Watt pure sine wave inverter
- x2 LED lights (DC)
- Small switch
Canva is a great tool for creating simple solar wiring circuits, particularly for less complex projects such as campervan, boats and RV's.
If you are not familiar with electricity then we do not recommend building your own circuit. For this is would be best to hire a professional electrical engineer whom can assist you.
However, that doesn't stop you from attempting to create the coolest wiring diagrams out there.