BLUETTI recently released the new PV solar panel range!
The frame features a monocrystalline solar panel with a high conversion efficiency of up to 23.4%.
Given that the industry standard lies between 15% - 20% we think you will find these panels performing more than optimally.
The question most asked about the PV200 200 watt solar panel, is what can it run?
In this article we aim to break down what appliances you could essentially run/charge on one single PV200 200 watt solar panel.
What Are the BLUETTI PV200 200W Solar Panels Specifications?
|Peak Power (PM)||200W|
|Solar Cell Lamination||ETFE|
|Cell Efficiency||Up to 23,4%|
|Voltage at Max Power (Vmp)||20.5V|
|Current at Max Power (Imp)||9.7A|
Open Circuit Voltage (Voc)
|Short Circuit Current (Isc)||10.3A|
|Operation Temperature||-10°C to +65°C|
|Best Working Temperature||+25°C|
What Determines Solar Panel Efficiency?
There are multiple factors that determine just how efficient a 200w solar panel is. The main factor however all comes down to how much sunlight the solar cell is able to convert into useable electricity.
Here are some items that cell researchers taking into consideration when designing a solar panel for high efficiency:
- Material – Different types of material such as monocrystalline silicon, polycrystalline silicon, cadmium telluride, thin-film etc. impact how well a solar panel is able to absorb solar irradiation.
- Reflection – Any light being reflected away from the solar panel is potential electricity lost. This is why the glass layer on top of the solar cells is so important.
- Wiring – Efficient organizing of all the solar panel wiring has an effect (not surprisingly) on overall solar panel efficiency.
- Positioning and angle – In order for a panel to capture adequate amounts of sun. optimized angle is essential. This is why the PV models come with adjustable hinges to allow for precise positioning.
- Temperature - Contrary to what many people believe, higher temperature actually reduces solar cell efficiency. Which is why some solar panels are designed especially for warmer climates.
- Shade – Even the tiniest of shadows on a solar panel can reduce the systems overall efficiency. Shade isn’t taken into account by the manufacturing of the solar panels themselves but is an important thing for you as the owner to consider when trying to optimize the efficiency.
What Can PV200 200 Watt Solar Panels Power?
Below we listed some electronic devices that 200W solar panels could run on an average sunny day.
|Appliances||Number of hours per day|
|2*Led lights (10W)||5 hours|
|Phone/Tablet/Drone (20W)||3 hours|
|Laptop (100W)||2 hours|
|TV (100W)||2 hours|
|Electric fan (40W)||2 hours|
How Much Power Does a 200 Watt Solar Panel Produce?
The formula used to establish how much power a 200 watt solar panel can produce looks like the following:
Solar panel rating X peak sun hours/day = watt-hours (Wh)/day
Here is an example:
Let's assume you live in California (notorious for its beautiful sunshining weather)
200 watts x 5.2 = 1040Wh per day.
1040Wh x 365 days = 379,600Wh a year or rather 379kWh a year.
To convert Wh into kWh simply divide Wh by 1000.
The average American household consumes on average about 28kWh a day, so you can see that a 200 watt solar panel producing 1,04kWh a day will not be sufficient in powering your home.
Can I Use Bluetti PV200 200W Solar Panels on My RV?
The BLUETTI PV200 200 watt solar panels are not fixed solar panels, but instead flexible folding. It is not recommended that you permanently secure foldable solar panels onto any surface.
Foldable solar panels are not as weather resistant as the panels you would install onto your roof for example.
However, this doesn't mean you can't use the PV200 200 watt solar panel for RV.
In fact, portable solar panels are recommended over fixed solar panels for RVs.
The main reason being this. If you have fixed solar panels mounted ontop of your RV, you are required to park you vehicle in the sun permanently in order for your panels to produce electricity.
However, with portable panels, you could park your RV in the shade and extend your solar panels out into the sun to capture the solar irradiation.
Additionally, you could adjust and track the sun for an optimal tilt angle, all adding to your solar panels efficiency.
The ideal situation would be pairing the PV200 panel with one of our solar generators, this way you could not only capture and convert the sun's energy, but could store it for later use. Perhaps on days with bad weather, or at night?
Below we list which solar generator models are compatible with the BLUETTI PV200 200 watt solar panels.
What Power Stations Are Compatible with the BLUTTI PV200 200W Solar Panels?
- AC30 (300Wh/300W power station)
- AC50S (500Wh/300W power station)
- EB40 (400Wh/300W power station)
- EB55 (537Wh/700W power station)
- EB70 (716Wh/700W power station)
- EB150 (1500Wh/1000W power station)
- EB240 (2400Wh/1000W Power Station)
- AC200P (2000Wh/2000W Power Station)
- AC200 Max (2048Wh/2200W Power Station)
- AC300 (3072-12288Wh/3000W Power Station)
Charging Rates of BLUETTI PV200 200W Solar panels
- X1 PV200 solar panel can charge the BLUETTI EB55 within 3.5 - 4hrs.
- X1 PV200 solar panel can charge the BLUETTI EB70 within 4.7 - 5.2hrs.
- X2 PV200 solar panels can charge the Bluetti EB150 about 5.5 - 6 hours by connecting them in series.
- X3 PV200 solar panels can charge the BLUETTI AC200Max within 4.4-5hrs by connecting them in series.
- X6 PV 200 solar panels can charge the BLUETTI AC300+*2B300 within 6.5-7hrs by connecting them in parallel.
A 200 watt solar panel is the perfect size for charging/running smaller appliances such as LED lights, cell phones and electric fans.
They are compact enough to take with you on short camping trips and are best used when paired with a solar generator.
If you are looking to power more appliances it will be best to connect your PV200 solar panels in parallel, which you can do up to 6 times. Doing this will give you 1200 watts of power instead of 200 watts.
A quick check to see how much kWh 1200 watts could produce in a day.
Assuming you live in California again, with 5.2 peak sun hours a day:
1200 x 5.2 = 6,240 Wh per day (6,24 kWh)
1. What factors will affect the solar conversation rate?
a. the strength of the sun light
b. environment temperature
c. the angle you place the solar panel
d. the length of the solar cable
2. How many pieces of solar panels can be used on a power station?
a. check the max. open circuit voltage
b. the max. short-circuit current
c. the max. power of the solar panel
d. Make sure the total max. value does not exceed the numbers in the specification when you connect several pieces in series or paralell.
3. Warnings of BLUETTI PV200 200 watt solar panels?
DO NOT connect PV200 with any other solar panel model but PV200, or will be damaged.
4. What is the warranty?
24 months warranty and lifetime.